The Legal Tech Innovator Showcase seeks to promote the law firms, legal service providers, and companies that are using technology to improve legal services in the Chicago area and highlight those whose innovations are exceptional.
Five “Best in Show” awards were selected from the judge’s scoring in each of the 2 awards categories: Law Firm/Legal Services and Company/Product/Service. The winners will present a 5 minute product description at the Chicago Kent Auditorium on October 24 and have an opportunity to exhibit during the event.
Congratulation to the Winners!
- Legal Tech:
- Law Firms/Legal Aid:
What were the judging criteria? The submitting law firm/legal services or company/product/service provides a product or service that uses innovation via technology to:
- Help law firms serve clients in new ways;
- Help law firms function more efficiently;
- Provide legal services to clients in new ways;
- Provide legal resources to the public;
- Provide legal services on a pro bono basis;
- Provide help for pro se individuals;
- Or other reasons not listed that shows how technology has enabled other innovation by and for law firms, lawyers, clients and/or consumers will be considered.
Who Are the Judges?
- Laura Ikens, Manager, HBR Consulting LLC
- George Vukotich, Managing Partner, FinTank
- Hannah Kaufman, Counsel for Innovation & Technology at Lawyers Trust Fund Illinois
- Jessica Bednarz, Director of Innovation & Training, Justice Entrepreneurs Project
- Deborah Ginsberg, Educational Technology Librarian at the Chicago-Kent Law Library
- Lara Wagner, Principal Attorney and Owner at Law Offices of Lara Wagner
- Bob Glaves, Executive Director, Chicago Bar Foundation
- Sarah Glassmeyer, Project Specialist Manager, ABA Center for Innovation
- Maurice Grant, Principal at Grant Law, LLC
- Nathan Leong, Attorney | Microsoft U.S. National Healthcare Legal
Can I Come?
Absolutely! The Showcase will be held at Chicago-Kent College of Law on October 24, 2017 from 1pm-4pm.
1pm-2pm How To Get Started Innovating
What does it take to innovate? What is the mindset? How can a legal services provider or product developer manage risk while embracing it? Our panelists will discuss their experiences in bringing innovation into their thinking and approach to serving clients and the lessons learned. Panelists include:
Deborah Ginsberg (moderator) – Educational Technology Librarian, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
Rakesh Madhava – CEO, NextPoint
Wendy Rubas – General Counsel, Village MD
Kevin Chern – Managing Partner, UpRight Law
2pm-3pm Meet and Greet Exhibit Hall with the 10 award winners
3pm-4pm Five Minute Description from the 10 award winners